I'd love to say RSS for dummies, but I don't know what it is. I don't even know what it stands for. I'd love to have all my favourite blogs new posts appear magically before my eyes and I have absolutely no idea how.
I'm reasonably tech-savvy, heck I have an iPhone and I know how to use it! I even managed to play with the HTML of my blog (but don't ask me what HTML means, I don't know that either) and you know Miss Maccy Pants and I built The Rockpool website ....having said that she did the scary stuff and I just did the nice easy Joomla stuff, but it was hard ya know. I built the reviews section all by myself!!
But for some reason the mere thought of working out RSS turns me into a drooling imbecile. I have a pretty RSS tab on my Firefox browser. I just forgot it was there. And when I did remember I couldn't work it out anyway.
However my dear friend Miss Maccy Pants is taking me by the hand and guiding me through the rough waters of RSS feeds to help me find my feet. Before you know it you all won't hear the end of me on your posts, I'll be commenting all over the place! You have been warned.
2 comments:
feedburner is great to create an rss feed. For me to keep all my blogs in one place I use google reader.
www.google.com.au/reader
It looks basic, but really works. I order mine from oldest to newest, so I see all the older posts first. There are even great little shortcuts like "J" and "K" to go up and down the posts. Mouse. psshhh who needs one of those!
If you need any tips or anything, give me a yell. I love telling other peole what to do. :)
Thanks! I'll take a look at the Google reader.
Post a Comment