Thursday, March 19, 2009

Friday Art

We have had some friends over fortnightly to all do some art together. We started with mosaics. I'm flying fairly blind here. I went and got a couple of mosaicing books out of the library and then just kind of went for it. Not terribly technical.

The first week the children sketched some ideas for their finished piece. The next week I had the pavers and tiles ready to go and we got smashing and tiling. On the final week we grouted the pavers. Here are some pictures of the process:

Cementing down the tiles


Chaos at the table after all the cementing was complete.


Grouting


Smoothing the grout


Grout completed and waiting to dry

Rubbing off the grout haze


Finished Products in order: Miss T's, Miss A's, and Miss K's (whose very detailed work took a little longer so she still needs to grout with black grout. And then in the one shot from left to right: Jordan's, Connor's and Mia and Mum's.



Don't forget you can click the thumbnails to get a better view of the spectacular work the children did.

5 comments:

Miss Maccy said...

These are amazing!!! What awesome tiles!!!

Anonymous said...

Lovely, lovely, lovely.

pam hay said...

Fantastic work by all. Each one unique and different to the other. Well done everyone including the teacher!

Nik said...

I love them all!

Hen Jen said...

wow, those are wonderful! I am applauding you for going ahead with such a complicated project!

they are really wonderful, good work!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...