It still needs painting and the cushions put on. At that point I think it will look a little less morbid.
The worms are doing great in there! I was a bit worried because the instructions I read about putting worms in a bath talked about using some kind of massive power tool to cut slots in the side of the bath for air flow and we did not do this. However it doesn't seem to have bothered them much. They are chowing through 4-8 litres of food a week plus assorted dried leaves and cat litter etc. They are fairly easy going critters and sometimes go a week or two without food. There are so many in there. I wish I could get a decent shot of just how many worms we have jammed into that bath. When you dig through the areas with food in there it's just a writhing mass of worms. Unbelievable really considering I gave away at least as many as we started with when we Freecycled the old worm bin.
I was a bit worried about them in the heat. When we had the three stinking hot days in a row I checked them on Day Two. Most of them had evacuated the castings and were laying all over the top of the newspaper etc in big writhing heaps. A few had made the fatal mistake of heading on out of there and were shrivelled lines around the lid. The fish enjoyed those ones as a tasty snack. The castings were very hot and quite dry so I gave them a good dousing with cold water and the worms settled back into them again.
Here's the worms. It's hard to show just how many they are because as soon as you expose them to light they start diving for cover at rocket speed.
No comments:
Post a Comment