Sunday, February 08, 2009

Sad day

Well it might have been a good day yesterday for weather watchers. It was also good weather for bush fire. So far there are 700 homes destroyed and 65 confirmed dead. The number is expected to rise; possibly double.
http://www.theage.com.au/national/death-toll-rises-from-bushfires-20090208-80jv.html

The thing that amazes me about all of this is that I watched the internet all day on Saturday and I watched the fire incidents site too. There was no indication that this was happening to people.

3 comments:

Emma said...

Hoping you are out of the way and, frankly, glad me and mine are safe. We've been watching the news with concern and sorrow.

Anonymous said...

so pleased you all are not near the fires, it is really very sad.
all the lives & hones.
if they were delibertly started
i hope they get the so & soes.
NANA

Anonymous said...

Hi, we're glad you're ok. You need to visit the WTM boards to set everyone's mind at rest :) I was living in Melbourne during Ash Wednesday and I didn't think anything could be worse :/

Lucy in Australia (also from WTM)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...