You know how your kids do the cutest things and you think you will remember forever, well you don't. So I'm immortalising Bubbles in writing so we never forget.
The first we heard of Bubbles was one day in Balwyn North, when Mia was about 3 years old. I found Mia hysterical on her bed, upon enquiry I was told that Mia's pet dog Bubbles had run away, and I had to go down the street calling Bubbles! He was found and brought home and not long after the same thing happened again. I went and found Bubbles (again) and explained to Mia that we only allowed good dogs to live at our house, so if Bubbles kept running away, he was going to have to find another house to live in. Fortunately from that time on, Bubbles did not randomly run off.
If we were out at the shops, we often had to stop as we walked down the street to allow Bubbles to catch up. Sometimes we would have to carry Bubbles when his legs got too tired to keep up. We had to hold the car door open to let him in, and wait when he was mucking about in the grass (imaginary dogs don't pee)
Bubbles was quite a special dog, he quite frequently died, then he would start over as a tadpole, then frog, then back to dog again. I lost count of the number of times he was reincarnated. He also changes breeds daily.
Bubbles was also exceedingly clever, whatever someone did, Bubbles could do it better, faster, higher or bigger. Whatever we saw Bubbles did it or had it or had done it. He was an astronaut, a painter, a plumber, a soccer player, a gymnast, a golfer, a sailor. He owns or has owned everything you have ever even dreamed of owning.
The last we saw of Bubbles was in the USA. We had to be sure he got off the New York subways, and we had to stop a few times to let him catch up. He came with us in the car too.
In Mia's words "he usually be's silly, and lays on my head. He likes to sleep on my radio. He is the funniest thing because he hides under my bed, he sleeps under there. And, and and and, he can do anything, he can do very bad farts."
So I think that we won't be hearing about Bubbles much from now on, but he has been a regular visitor in our house for 3 years, and I'll miss him.
2 comments:
precious,
what a great dog to have
that is precious, how wonderful that you have this written down, years later Bubbles might be forgotten.
he sounded like a great friend!
Post a Comment