Friday, January 30, 2009

Fryday report: Starting to get stuck back into school

I don't think I'll be doing a regular weekly report like some energetic bloggers I know.
However it's Week One at our house. A very gentle ( and hot) intro into routine.

Monday was a public holiday
Tuesday we went to see friends.
That left 3 school days.

Jordan has done:
* More on the Tudors for history
* French
* Read some of his February literature book (Tom Sawyer)
* Read a bit of his physics text

Connor has done
*a grammar test to check retention. I'm pleased to report that he is indeed retaining what he is learning using Growing with Grammar.
* a page of maths a day. Some multiplication revision before plunging into the murky world of division with Math U See Delta
* read the bits of Story of the World 2 that we didn't quite get around to last year.
*drawn and coloured in a robot
* a run and a bike ride and a swim in preperation for the Weetbix Aussie Kids Tryathlon

Mia has done
* a maths page a day.
* some word work. We are working on reading and writing CVC words (consonant/vowel/consonantP)
* a picture to illustrate her sentence

Both the youngers are listening to me read Charlottes Web. Reading aloud has been sadly missing over the last wee while so I'm going to attempt to fix that with at least one book a month.

And here is Missy M on her first day. She wanted a school uniform so I got her a cute one from Gymboree. This is her literacy work for Wednesday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

it is great to see what Jordan Connor & mia are doing in there school work.
Mia you look really good withthe picture you have done keep up the good work, i will be watching all the reports that you put on the blog NANA

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...