Sunday, January 11, 2009

The rest of the garden

The rose is about to burst into a second bloom. In very unorganic fashion it's about to get thoroughly soaked in insecticide to stop the thrip invasion happening again!
The plants underneath are also in a second flush of flower. Just in time to prevent me pulling them out because they are awfully leggy.

While we were away the gardenias were under the patio roof and sadly it looks like they are goners. I've lovingly nurtured them for 3 years and they were about to burst into bloom before we left so I'm very disappointed. Lesson learnt....plunk the next ones in the ground.
The pond is suddenly looking a bit overgrown and might need some attention soon.

The lawn is lush and taking over the vege garden. Erro is glad of it. Lots of hiding places. He seems happy to be home.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What do you mean by home? Did you take Erro camping with you?

keptwoman said...

No he went to a "cat resort" aka cattery. But terribly posh, all the other inmates were lovely pedigrees. Our moggy socialises in style LOL.

Catherine (Alecat Music) said...

I just wanted to let you know (but you may already) that those 'leggy' flowering plants are valerian. We have them in our front yard too, and they do well with regular 'haircuts'. In fact, I usually trim them right back after flowering and they start over with compact growth.

As they're perenials, we've had them doing well for several years. So ... just thought you may like to know so you can keep them in for a few more years.

Here's are links with more information:
The red/dark pink variety:
https://secure.diggersgardenclub.com.au/p-801-red-valerian.aspx
The white variety:
https://secure.diggersgardenclub.com.au/p-802-white-valerian.aspx

HTH, alecat

keptwoman said...

Ha! Thank you!! I was completely clueless as to what they were.
We are visiting Diggers this weekend.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...