oh wow, that is a beautiful bird! What kind is it? We have flocks of parrots from mexico in our neighborhood (so. ca) which is unusual..but they are mostly green, not as beautiful as this one!
Beautiful. Those naughty lorikeets get into all kinds of things. Noisy too! I've lived with them in different parts of Queensland. I didn't think they were that far south.
They sure are noisy! It was the racket of the 3 of them not far from my bedroom window that woke me at such an ungodly hour. Well that and the fact that the temp was fast climbing back up to 30 in the bedroom after (apparantly) the 3rd warmest night on record.
15 comments:
Just beautiful. We truly are at opposite ends of the world, aren't we. Love your blog!
He's gorgeous. I'd completely let him steal my apricots - even if they are so wonderful dried, chopped and mixed into cookies.
oh wow, that is a beautiful bird! What kind is it? We have flocks of parrots from mexico in our neighborhood (so. ca) which is unusual..but they are mostly green, not as beautiful as this one!
Wow, has he got enough colours in his feathers do you think? ;-)
He is a Rainbow Lorikeet. There were three of the pilfering little rascals all scoffing down MY apricots.
Oh gosh- I wish I was there- it's I think about 4 degrees Fahrenheit here this morning :(
Beautiful. Those naughty lorikeets get into all kinds of things. Noisy too! I've lived with them in different parts of Queensland. I didn't think they were that far south.
They sure are noisy! It was the racket of the 3 of them not far from my bedroom window that woke me at such an ungodly hour. Well that and the fact that the temp was fast climbing back up to 30 in the bedroom after (apparantly) the 3rd warmest night on record.
He is almost as beautiful as the fruit. My dh would be in heaven having apricots grow outside his back door.
Wow, spectacular!
What a gorgeous bird and photo!
Wow, I can't imagine finding a bird like that in my garden. And I would totally let him have the apricots. :0)
Hah! Great photo, and great caption!
Beautiful picture. Naughty lorikeet.
Great colors. Don't see any birds like that 'round these parts.
It was rock salt in an ice cream maker
Post a Comment