1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?
It varies from year to year. It's usually some combination of brown paper and decoration. For decoration I've used fancy ribbons, decoupage and stamping. This year we are going to roll out the paper on the floor and the children are going to walk over it with painted feet.
2. Real tree or Artificial
Home: Real. I love the smell. The dropping pine needles are a bit of a drag but it's worth it.
Tent: Artificial. It's really hard to find a real one a day or two before Christmas so we have resorted to a naff sparkly fibre optic one. Good thing is it doesn't need many decorations to look pretty at night.
3. When do you put up the tree?
Home: The first weekend of December. Actually this year we put it up on the last weekend of November.
Tent: As soon as we have set everything else up.
4. When do you take the tree down?
Home: When we get home from holiday
Tent: When we get sick of it.
5. Do you like eggnog?
I don't even know what it is. Well I've heard of it but never tasted it. I guess it's a Northern Hemisphere thing. I prefer Gin and Tonic as my Christmas outside the tent tipple.
6. Favorite gift received as a child?
A bracelet I lost many years ago. I got it from Mum and Dad in 1980 when Dad was in hospital.
7. Hardest person to buy for?
Peter.
8. Easiest person to buy for?
Connor
9. Do you have a nativity scene?
Yes.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards?
Um, well oops. Usually (when I get to it) mail, last year email. Hadn't even thought about it this year. Gulp.
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?
Don't remember.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie?
Don't have one.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
When I have an idea in mind for someone I start looking. This year I'm mostly making.
Yes
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
Strawberries!
16. What decorations are on your tree?
All sorts of stuff. I've given up on the idea of ever having one of those designer trees.
17. Favorite Christmas song?
Hark the Herald Angels Sing
18. Travel at Christmas or stay at home?
CAMP! YAY!
19. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer?
No
20. Angel on top of tree or star?
Nothing.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or Christmas morning?
Christmas morning
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year?
End of school year and Christmas festivities and the beginning of the summer holidays all colliding to make December the month from hell.
23 What theme or color are you using when you decorate?
I've given up on themes and colours. They never last. I did aim for pink for the lounge last year but now our living area is all one big space it doesn't work like that. So we have all sorts, everywhere.
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner?
Pavlova and Strawberries.
25. What do you want for Christmas this year?
Reference books. DK's How the World is Governed, DKs Ocean; the definitive visual guide. And the lovely Book Depository have them at a decent price. Unlike the exhorbitant charges in Australian bookstores.
I know I'm supposed to tag someone. But I don't know how.
4 comments:
Yeah, you did it! I'm so glad. My brain can't get around the concept of camping for Christmas. I really must visit the Southern Hemisphere sometime. Preferably sometime in December through March...
And one day I hope to enjoy a white Christmas.
Psst - Stop over for a minute. I have something for you.
Oh wow! Thank you so much. I'll come over and comment on your post too in the next day or so :)
Post a Comment