Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Chemistry for 2009

I should be making bags. But I'm procrastinating by looking at Chemistry curriculum next year instead.

Boy oh boy. The scariest thing about homeschooling is choosing what to use. There are so many choices!

For Connor I have selected The Elements
The other one I was looking at was Real Science 4 kids. But The Elements is a good price and a looks like a lot of fun.

For Jordan it's much harder to choose! There are so many options.
Teaching Company DVDs
Thinkwell DVDs or online courses.
Spectrum Chemistry by Rainbow Science
Singapore Chemistry
Friendly Chemistry


And that's not even mentioning the bazillions of textbooks available. And lets not even mention lab books. And reference books galore too!

With Mia I'm planning a very free and easy science year. We will start with the human body but follow her interests. So I have no idea where we will end up.

Here is my Amazon 2009 Science Wish List Likely I will buy lots of theses from Book Depository because it's often cheaper given they include postage but you can see what I mean about options and choices!! Come January I will be purchasing in earnest....wish me luck in the choosing!

3 comments:

Nik said...

This is where I get overwhelmed! Soooo many choices. Ahhhhh! I'll find my groove I know (eventually!)

keptwoman said...

Yeah. Fortunately I generally only have one subject to angst over at a time. Most stuff just carries on from year to year.
But when we started all the choices to be made for each subject were definitely overwhelming.

Catherine (Alecat Music) said...

I like you wishlist! Some great looking books there I've not seen before.
Just a thought, have you visited Academic and General? They have been recommended to me by another homeschooler for great text books generally used in schools, but you have the bonus of going and looking before you buy.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...