Well yes, OK it's technically it's still Spring, but it sure is summer weather!
Dinner outside is something we enjoy in summer, although we seem to have a lot of mozzies about at the moment.
Dinner outside is something we enjoy in summer, although we seem to have a lot of mozzies about at the moment.
Summer has brought the critters out with a vengence.
Bull ants on the driveway.
Red backs by the kitchen door, big 'un too!
Huntsman in the bath tub
Possums eating the roses. Grrrr.
This isn't the grandaddy possum who usually hangs around, this is a new younger one
And his mate:
Yesterday we dropped Connor off at a friends and on the way back stopped to cool our feet and search for interesting things at Rosebud Beach. Thank goodness for a crappy iPhone camera when one spots colour that begs to be photographed. That'll teach me for leaving the SLR at home.
And last night because it was hot, we went to the beach for a wander and a swim. Yes I am aware the horizon line is not straight, but I couldn't be bothered to fix it.
In the photo below that's Mia and I off to the right hand side, finding water deep enough for her to paddle in.
There are many photos like this of me. Put me in the sea and I have an uncontrollable desire to search for critters.
And on the way back from the beach, some plonker had dropped a bottle, which smashed, naturally, and just left it. Richard stopped to pick it up so no one would cut their feet. He was rewarded for his efforts by some crabbed old bag giving him a snarled comment about glass at beaches. I wanted to give her a piece of my mind, but my ever kind husband wouldn't let me. So, silly old cow who is unlikely to read this, your nasty behaviour was as poorly thought out as the eejit who dropped the bottle in the first place and didn't pick it up.
However, other than the SOC, we met a lovely man who told us all about the best places to snorkel and find lovely things. I've made a list and we are looking forward to exploring. Apparantly there's some great sea life to be seen in Port Phillip Bay, and as we have a water proof camera, watch out dear readers, you're IN FOR IT. mwahahahahahaaaaa


1 comment:
loved the photos! Even the iphoto pic was good, I have several like that at the beach when I didn't have my nice camera.
your possums are much cuter than the ones we have here in North America, ours are ugly and look like scary rats!
Post a Comment