As we were walking toward Disneyland the first morning Richard told the children that they needed to realise who we were really there for: me!
We were there for Magic Morning, you get one Magic Morning entry on a multi day ticket which allows you to enter the park an hour early. We were 2nd at the gate and first through the turnstiles. Here we are skipping down Main Street. Nooooo, I wasn't excited at alllll
followed a ride plan that morning from a message board I found, we were first on Peter Pan, and walked on to every ride in Fantasyland in the first hour. I also got some pretty good tips on ride orders to make sure we rode as many rides as possible. I'm not going to bore you with the details of what we rode and when but over the next three posts, here are some of the sights of Disneyland; The Happiest Place on Earth.
On the second morning we were at Disneyland 1/2 an hour before opening. They let you down Main Street and you line up at the end and wait for "rope drop" we were fairly close to the front, this is the view back up Main Street closer to rope drop.
Here we are waiting to see the Enchanted Tiki room, and singing and doing a dance to pass the time. And eating the delicious, the luscious, the most famous Dole Whip; slurp!
We stayed at Howard Johnson, Anaheim. It was a short walk to the parks and a couple of times we went back for a swim in the middle of the day. They had a fabulous Pirate play area there.
Last time we went to Disneyland I saw all the people with pin trading lanyards and was busting to get one but I didn't. This time I gave in. Here I am proudly displaying my new lanyard.
The parade at Disneys California Adventure
Fireworks at Disneyland
I took Connor and Mia to the Mickey's Trick or Treat Party. There were lots of characters to meet, a parade, lots of candy stations for trick or treating and the whole of California Adventure was decorated for the occasion.
Toon Town was great fun! Lots of funny levers to pull and doors to open. We put the kids in jail.
We rode the Grizzly River Run in California Adventure a lot, great fun, short lines and an easy way to cool down as the temps hit the mid 30s. The last ride was the wettest, we were dripping as we headed out on the way to the airport.
On the last day in front of the castle, with all our Disney gear on
Next two posts are character meetings and some of the rides.
No comments:
Post a Comment