Friday, June 19, 2009

I've been making bags

I made two of these, one for a swap I'm doing, and one for me. I'm pretty sure the recipient doesn't read my blog. So it's a messenger bag; green and brown, much softer colours than these photos show because they are taken at night on long exposure. The straps and handles are made from the same fabric and the hardware is all chrome. It has hidden magnetic closures and a zip to the main compartment.
This is under the flap, room for the very important iPhone, which you can operate through the plastic. Behind the phone is a butterfly the same as on the front, so it's pretty even when empty. And if one is not an iPhone user, a photo would fit nice in there and there is a good pocket for a normal phone right underneath.

Inside it has a drink bottle holder, key holder and a few small and one large pocket.
Yanno, my Mum was very disappointed with my lack of dress making ability. I know I drove her bonkers on more than one occasion, although in my defence it was more lack of desire rather than lack of skills. Anyway, point being, I bet she is dead proud. Not saying that these are models of fabulous sewing, but they are OK.

Mia has been asking for a new bag for a while. She wanted one she could put across her shoulder. So here is the one I whipped up for her today. It took about 2 hours, as opposed to the crazy 5 days the above bag and it's mate took.
What??? Hang on. Surely that big child there is not my youngest? Why yesterday she was just a bean sprout. The bag is navy and pink, it has a webbing adjustable strap and plastic hardware, there is a hidden magnetic catch to keep the flap down. And here she is modelling the inside. She is most proud.

Yes, Thank you, thank you. I am a genius. And yes, I have considered selling them but I'm not sure what my price point should be. I think I might aim to put a few away each time I have a making session and then when we get home from the US of A I can make some money from people shopping for Christmas.

4 comments:

Miss Maccy said...

Those bags are absolutely beautiful and yes, you are a genius. And yes, I bet your Mum is proud!

Obi-Mom Kenobi said...

Wow! That's all I can say. Wow!

Anonymous said...

oh my goodness, these are gorgeous....you are very talented...

Angela said...

Gorgeous, if you do decide to sell these, I'll be in line. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...