Friday, June 19, 2009

Sketching Today

I haven't been putting much of the kids work up of late.  We've been plodding along with not much to show.  I'll put up a mid year report soon so that you all can see what we've been up to, it's been an interesting 1/2 year with a few things that have worked for us up to now suddenly not working, homeschooling is ever changing!

Anyway, we are planning to start journalling so we are going to be trialling some different sketching methods, to see what grabs the kids most.  That way we know what to put in their pencil cases when we are out and about.
Today we used ink pen followed by watercolour pencils.  I gave them a choice of 3 articles, a shoe, a lamp or a jug.

This is Connors picture of his shoe, still on his foot.
Not the best of angles for taking the photo but it's late.  I think the choice of blue ink was courageous and the final drawing has a wonderful blue print quality about it.  Connor has done some great detail and tried out a few techniques.

Here is Mia's Jug
 
She did a great job of getting an outline and her colours are bold, she also did some shading around the handle.

3 comments:

Miss Maccy said...

Those sketches are fantastic! I really love both the shoe and the jug!!! I think they should be framed!

Obi-Mom Kenobi said...

HS is always changing, isn't it. I used to plan my whole year out each spring, only to get hopeless frustrated after the first month because it wasn't going "to plan". Ah, I was so young and foolish then... Now I plan a "rough" year and make plans week-by-week. Thanks for the sketches, it's nice to see the kids' work.

Louise said...

What fantastic sketches, you have very talented kids there- and I love your bags as well.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...