Friday, June 26, 2009

Connor's Writing

Indiana Jones

My family visited Disneyland and when we rode on the Indy ride, I did not know who Indiana Jones was. We rode in a car, and I was driver because me and my Dad were first on the ride. I thought that I could pretend that everyone’s life in the car depended on me. We bumped and jumped through a big temple with big snakes and spiders and big spiderwebs. I liked the bit where the ball nearly got to us and then we dipped down on a piece of the track.

A year later my Dad showed me The Last Crusade movie and I loved it. The Last Crusade movie is about Indy and his Dad finding the Holy Grail with a knight from the last crusade. But Indys Dad is captured so he has to find his Dad before the Nazis make him talk. The Nazis want maps in the Diary to lead them to the Grail.
There are four movies in the series, Raiders of the Lost Ark, Temple of Doom, Last Crusade and Crystal Skull. Here are some props


L-R One of the three Sankara Stones, Head piece of Staff of Ra, the Holy Grail.



My favourite movie is Raiders because Indy is young. My favourite part is when Indy and his partner have spiders on their backs.

I think what Indy wears is cool. He wears a toffee coloured shirt with a leather jacket and greenish brownish pants. The shirt has to have at least four button pockets. His hat is a wool felt Fedora with a ribbon sewn around it tied into a bow. He wears a belt: on one side with a gun holster and a gun, on the other side there is something to hold his whip. His shoes are sahara boots. I really love his clothes so I asked to get a real Indy hat and then went to Savers and got a really good pair of pants and a shirt. I use my skateshoes for the shoes. All these are very helpful for the Indy movie I’m making. I like to wear them around the house and while I’m practicing scenes.

I have my own whip like Indy. It is a four plait bull whip made of cow hide, that is six foot long. It is half the length of Indys whip. I like to play with it to practice for my Indy movie. What amazes me about my whip is that it was made in one day by my Dad and it can break the sound barrier.
Here are the names of two whip cracks. The first is the basic Flick in which you hold the whip in front of you then fling it over your shoulder and then hoist it forward at arms length.
The second one is the Cattlemens Crack. You hold it behind then fling it under your arm creating a loop, then hoist forwards at arms length, cracking it by your side.

I really love Indy and I want to be an actor like Harrison Ford when I grow up.

4 comments:

Miss Maccy said...

Well I think you have convinced me to leave the Indiana Jones ride to the boys and their Dad! How exciting to have been at the front! Your writing was very interesting to read Connor! Well done!!!

Louise said...

Terriic story Connor. I think you have written really well.

Obi-Mom Kenobi said...

You wrapped up that movie really well, Connor.

Anonymous said...

You really got down to the details on Indiana's outfit! Nice job explaining the whip cracks - I never knew they had special names like that. Can't wait to see you on the big screen!

Leslie L

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...