Thursday, December 07, 2006

The first day

Well, we started off with a nice walk, C was on his bike and I walked pushing the buggy. I'm going to get fit that's for sure!
Got home and C made a card for his teacher who has been away sick for about 3 weeks, I'm astonished that the reliever didn't get the class to make one, but she hasn't.
While he finished that I had a quick look at Math U See before doing the first lesson. C was a bit overwhelmed with the new program and a little reluctant, but by the end of the lesson he was fine.

M was a little disruptive during maths, she wanted to play with the manipulatives which would have been fine, but she kept moving between C and the screen so he couldn't see the DVD, then she was mucking up his "decimal street". I guess I will sort out how to involve her as time goes on.

Another break for lunch and he wanted to bike down to school because he could hear the kids playing in the yard, the "No" to that request brought on a purple fit with much swearing, then tears and begging to go back to school. Ah fun. Anyway I just said that wasn't going to happen and maybe we should take the rest of the day of to relax as it was the first day. That met with a definite No, he wanted more work. So we started the new writing program....Getty Dubay Italic and then a page in the Grammar workbook I grabbed at the newsagent for just such an emergency.
After that we baked some biscuits and sat outside in the sun and I read aloud for 30 minutes.

So all in all, barring a few wee hiccups, it was a good and pleasant first day.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...