That's as opposed to Spring Cleaning. I assure you there is no happy little bundle coming here anytime soon just in case anyone should feel compelled to ask.
I realised two weeks ago that I had become completely immune to some stuff that has been sitting around the living areas of the house for months. Somehow I have ended up with clutter, and I detest clutter.
Last week I put everything in the sitting room that shouldn't be there or wasn't needed into the middle of the floor and promised myself I'd be rid of the pile by the end of the week.
I finally got around to ringing about getting a new element for our spare breadmaker only to find the elements were no longer available. I binned it, something I should have done 2 or more years ago. I also threw out an empty pot plant and an old filing thingy. I sorted the box-o-crap left over from the move (you know the one, bits of games, old pegs, battery covers etc etc etc... all those things you can't be bothered sorting through) most went in the rubbish bin, a few precious bits made their way back to the games cupboard and a decent amount made it's way to the kava bowl on the bench. I made a box to go to Charity and this weeks job is to get it there instead of having it clutter the entry way.
Next on my list is getting a home for the set of Encyclopedias that have been sitting in boxes in the lounge. To that end I got an old filing cabinet off eBay for $10 and once I've cleared the shelves of crap that should be filed I should have space for the encyclopedias.
I've listed a bunch of stuff that has been cluttering our home on eBay.
Next I need to find a home for my new multi kg bags of chickpeas, pulses and flours. I'm pretty stumped there, it sure would be nice to get them off the kitchen table!
2 comments:
Isn't that just one of the best feelings in the world?
Congrats on getting all that done!
I use the food grade storage buckets from the hardware - the 10L size fits 10kg of dry goods in most cases :)
Sarahtee
Post a Comment