Sunday, September 28, 2008

Discovering the Garden

It's exciting moving into a new house and wondering what surprises the garden will give us. And what better time to move than the end of August, right before everything bursts into life!

Here are some pictures.

The wisteria vine is all over the pergola at the back of the house.

The buds are quite different from the wisteria at our last house. I wondered if it was actually wisteria.

I'm happy to report however that it is currently bursting into bloom. In another week I think it will be spectacular.




Further along the pergola is a massive rambling rose that was almost bare when we got here. A month down the track and it's covered in leaf and also about to burst into bloom. The buds look fascinating, I'm looking forward to seeing the flowers.



Other plants:

My gardenias in the self-watering pots. They have thrived but their leaves are yellowing. I wonder if they need repotting or fertilising. I need to break open the gardening books.

A lemon tree! Bliss!! Nothing like going out to pick a lemon to add to the G&T

This is some kind of stone fruit. I don't know what it is but the tree is LADEN. I think we will need to cover the trees in bird netting or the parrots will eat it all.


Another rambling rose. Also about to burst into bloom

This plant is right along the edge of the outdoor living area screening the fence. I don't know what it is. It's got some kind of bud on it and some of the leaves are yellowing so again I suspect it needs some food. If you know what it is I'd love to know.

These are all along under the pergola. No idea what they are.

Yet again I have no idea:

Well you are probably bored rigid with photos of the garden. So I will save pictures of the front garden for another day. There are some interesting natives there.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh- you have made so homesick for Melbourne !!!
We are now living in the UAE...I saw your postings on WTM..small world !

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...