Thursday, November 15, 2007

The end of the year is closing in

We are almost 12 months into our home education journey.
Things have gone so much better than I had hoped. I don't know how that is possible, don't they usually go worse?
C is so much happier and more relaxed and his acheivements are amazing! When he left school he was barely reading with dreadful spelling and appalling writing. His writing is now really tidy, his spelling well above his age and he reads Roald Dahl and Enid Blyton and The Littles.
He spends weeks wandering around being an Egyptian or a Roman, he is much more creative with his time.
And I have relaxed into it too, I haven't done even a fraction of the unit studies I had planned to do and I do regret that, but he is still learning heaps, I just need to get better at following the things he shows an interest in.

J is home now too, and digging into studying the Roman Army. His organisation leaves something to be desired, but we are working on that.
M is now starting to learn her phonogram, she writes lots and lots of random letters and asks what they say, so I am hoping to get her knowing her letters soon so that we can start to put them together into something understandable.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...