Wednesday, September 27, 2006

My wormies



Well, you know, a girl needs an obsession, so this is my current project. Worm farming.



This is their home, I am in two minds about this design. The cream sides keep it cool, but the holes let fruit flies and air in which dries out the mix, and there are no layers to easily seperate out the castings. I might end up changing their home and using this as a compost bin. On the good side, the tap at the bottom is good to get the worm-rum out which is great fertiliser!




I used to add their food without doing anything to it, but I found that they werent eating it fast, and it was attracting fruit flies and maggots, blech. So now they are spoilt and get it mushed up, on the good side this makes them eat more, but they are still not keeping up with our family scraps.

We have lots of baby worms right now with the warm weather so hopefully they will eat more real soon!!

So there you go, weren't you just dying to see my worm farm!!

You can see more worm posts by clicking here

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...