We flew Air Asia (Not nearly as bad as I expected!) and landed late at night into HCMC. I'd arranged a driver to collect us from the airport, and it was so nice after many hours in transit, including sorting out our Visa on Arrival, to walk out and see our name on a board instead of haggling for a taxi!
The Huong Sen Hotel was a really great choice, very central in HCMC, and the swimming pool was so good for cooling down. When we checked in, it was after 10pm, but we stood for ages on the balcony just watching the world go by down below.
We were in HCMC twice, and in no particular order here are some of the highlights:
Coffee: The Vietnamese win at it. Hot or iced. So good.
The Motorbikes!! They are everywhere and crossing a road is quite the experience, they don't stop for you, you just have to stride out and they go around you.
Cold drinks, I don't even know what that is that Richard is holding, but it was good apparently. I loved the coconuts, so refreshing.
This guy ripped us off big time. Got home and found out the same thing happened to more than one group of friends. He let the kids hold it for photos, then when I asked how much for a coconut, he didn't tell me but chopped the top off of 4 of them and tried to change 150000VND for 2, they should be about 20K for one.
The parks and gardens were beautiful and there were Bonsai trees everywhere on the waterfront!
We stopped in the shade in this park and were quickly approached by food sellers. We bought green mango and dipping spices for a few cents.
HCMC was our first stop, but we saw ladies carrying these everywhere.
We did a lot of shopping in HCMC and I don't have heaps of photos, but we did really enjoy it. The swimming pool was the perfect spot for a G&T while the kids splashed about.












No comments:
Post a Comment