Monday, March 21, 2011

Scout Waterski Camp

Connor, Jordan and I went on Scout and Venturer waterski camp this weekend.

We were camped beside Lake Nillahcootie, about 3 hours North of Melbourne. It was a stunning location and we had superb weather, sunny with no wind and temps in the mid 20's. Perfect! The only thing missing was a G and T in the evening, Scout camps are dry affairs.

This is the view of the lake at sunset, the hills were glowing deep red and it was reflecting on the water.  It didn't really show in the photo so much.

The campsite, overlooking the lake.

This is Jordan waterskiing, he was just coming back to the camp after a lap around the lake. I was really kicking myself for not having my telephoto lens.
I was on the boat for Connor's turn, here he is getting started.
And off down the lake
I have 450 photos on my camera from the weekend, I'd love to put some more up, but I don't like to have other kids faces without parental permission, I'm trying to work out how I can blur them without Photoshop so I can post them.

On Sunday morning, Connor got a foot in the face while riding on the biscuit and had to go to hospital for stitches and observation for minor concussion.  It was a very repetitive conversation in the car on the way
"I can't remember anything."
"That's OK, it doesn't matter"
"What happened"
"You feel off the biscuit"
"Will I need stitches"
"Yes."
"Will it hurt."
"Maybe a little."
"I can't remember anything................" rinse and repeat, endlessly.
However, other than stitches and tiredness, he seems OK.  Jordan also managed to injure his ankle, but he is OK too.  I came through unscathed, although a little sore, and I drank a lot of lake water in my many spectacular faceplants.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The lake looks beautifull & the boys are doing great on the water you must have had a lovely weekend.
good luck thos weekemd scouting. is m

ia in the same group as Connor
NANA H.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...