Holiday.
This means late mornings, late meals and late nights. Creativity, reading, relaxing.
I've done lots of work in the garden and had a big outside clean up, I've had lots of time for creative pursuits and spent time with friends.
Mia is writing constantly, and drawing lots too, her fine motor skills have really improved. She is also starting to nut out words in everyday life, it's like she suddenly realised that this reading thing has a purpose and she is having fun with it.
Connor has been working on lego animations, he has played with some new software and tried a few new things. He has a YouTube channel which he regularly puts things on. I'm still waiting for Richard to finish the movie the kids made at Christmas to post it. He and I are also making marionettes, photos in the other blog.
Jordan has been dabbling in photography, learning about aperture and focus and composition. He has also got a new boat, leading to my next point....
Boats.
Oh my goodness, I bet the neighbours call us the crazy boat people. This is our driveway a few days ago
We have our three boats, yes THREE. Mia has started grizzling that she doesn't have one, give me strength! Plus 6 firebugs, that number has now dwindled to 3 firebugs, hallelujah! The end is in sight!!The firebug program is nearing its end. The big launch is soon.
Connors boat is being painted. Connor is working on rust removal of his beach trailor in readiness for painting.
Here is Jordan, proud boat owner on the night he got his boat.
Jordan is stripping down the deck and cockpit of his boat to revarnish it. Here is Mia helping out.
Marine Study: algae's
We've slowed up a bit but we've had a outing to the beach to hunt for seaweed with more hunting this week coming.
And lastly
Garden
I'm sure I must drone on, but I'm so pleased with how it is going! The tomatoes and capsicums (bell peppers) are almost at picking stage. We are eating the radishes, beetroot, lettuce and zucchinis. Also growing well are beans, potatoes, celery, herbs, cauliflower (although the white butterflies are doing their best to exterminate it) and egg plant. The cucumber is doing very average and there is a self seeded pumpkin plant taking off across the lawn.
Next installment is bound to include lots of beach and marine pictures, hooray!
3 comments:
I'm sorry, you must be mistaken. That can't be Jordan; the young man in your picture looks much to old to be Jordan.
great to hear your garden is doibg so well, send some over the ditch. the pics are good. gook teaching for 2010.
Obi-Mom: tell me about it! I swear I woke up one morning and he'd been swapped for someone elses kid.
Post a Comment