Most people probably know this by now but for those who don't:
We are off to the USA in September of this year! You might remember us hosting Pamela from Paraguay. Well Pamela has been living in the USA for the last few years and is getting married in September! (do you think I used enough exclaimation marks?)
This is excellent timing because it turns out that airfares to New York are cheaper than they have been for many a year. Certainly much cheaper than when I was in travel in the early 90's!
So we are all booked to go. We don't have an exact itinerary yet but it goes something like this:
Fly to New York
3-4 days in New York
Pick up a rental car for a 12 day road trip
3-4 days in Deep Creek in Maryland (pron Deep Crick Marilnd apparantly... Marylanders like to drop letters I'm told) for the wedding.
Back to New York to fly to Los Angeles.
5 1/2 days in Anaheim at Disneyland. Possibly a wee trip around Hollywood or similar.
I went and got a big stack of travel books from the library to narrow down our itineary. We will be doing it on the cheap so carry on luggage only and hostels to sleep are the order of the day. Nothing is easy with 5 in the family that is for certain.
I will be blogging about the planning over at Miss Maccy Pants and the Gadget Gang as a guest blogger. So if you want to find out all about the travel planning that's where to find it. The link is always in the "Blogs I Like To Read" over there --------->
5 comments:
Hi,
I just stumbled across yur blog. Its kind of crazy actually, becuase I have moved from NZ to AU also (CHC to BNE), and we have the same blog layout! how freaky is that!!
You must be looking foward to your holiday. It sounds so exciting!
Well clearly we both have exquisite taste!!
Yes it's very exciting. Especially Disney. I'm just a big kid at heart.
Wow- that is very exciting Keptwoman and what a great opportunity for you all.
This is LizzyBee from TWTM forums. I grew up a few miles north of Deep Creek Lake!! You will mostly hear it pronounced Deep Creek, not Deep Crick. We don't drop any letters in Maryland, but the y is the short i sound, not long e. The only letter that people in that area commonly drop is the g in the ing suffix. :-) Deep Creek is a very rural area; when life gets crazy, I love to go home (to my mom's) for peace and quiet. If you get to visit Baltimore (175 east of Deep Creek Lake), be sure to get some Maryland crabcakes. Baltimore has wonderful seafood! I hope you have a wonderful trip!
Ah so confusing! It was a friend from WV who spent holidays at Deep Creek who described it as being called Deep Crick. Perhaps it's as much in the ear of the hearer as anything LOL.
We did look at going to Baltimore. Unfortunately it's just not to be. It looks like an amazing city!
Post a Comment