Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Another good day

Yay!
Connor started with Maths, 3 days ago he needed to count his +9 facts on his fingers, now he knows them immediately, yay for Math U See!!
Mia was at kindy and I was hoping to get most of the formal stuff out of the way before we collected her, but math took longer than I hoped so we only got part way through writing before it was time to get her.
Writing took a while, he was pretty mad about writing out his poem again the first time I made him erase it and do it again, the 2nd time I got him to do it in his writing book, then I realised that there will be a few poems written out so we did it in his other book. You live and learn.
Onto grammar where we are supposed to be doing nouns for another 5 weeks, but he already knows it, so I am just going to jump ahead a week or 5 straight onto pronouns.
His stutter has got really bad and I am going to pretty much have to drop anything that involves speaking as much as possible until it starts to come right

We biked to the park for lunch and a play and back for History, it was the first lesson and he loved it, all of it It is now his favourite lesson, yay!!
We read the intro chapter "What is history" and then did an archeological dig in the sandpit.
Then we read about the nomads and first farmers, did a colouring page, coloured a map and did a narration. He listened really well, was interested and was able to answer questions afterward.

Sooooo a really good day.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...