Quite soon we are off to Vietnam for a few weeks. As per usual I've been obsessing about travel journals and what I've come up with is quite awesome IMHO. As usual Connor, Mia and I are all journalling the trip. Mr J is not coming this time, being all grown up these days.
My basic idea was that journalling should be very simple, no need for long drawn out wordage. I've got journalling cards so we can carry them with us and note down things as we go. Paper for sketching and map making, watercolours and paper for painting, a small travel printer (a Canon Selphy) so we can print from our phones and cameras as we go. I intend to post postcards to myself to add when I get home too. I've also started to put together journal prompts, for quick ideas of things to write.
I have no illusions that all of this will be used, but it's not bulky and it gives options.
So here is my journal:
The front is just plain kraft cardboard. I will use things we collect as we go along to complete it.I've done a tab for each location we are travelling to, and put in a variety of papers, mostly from the Kaisercraft Now Boarding collection, but also from a cheap pad of card I bought, and bits and bobs from my vast paper collection. Most of the embellishments are from the Kaisercraft now boarding collection.
And the pages:
And my whole kit:
L-R Top-Bottom: Washi tape, K&Co Flag Smash Clips, Windsor and Newton water colour palette, journal, Scissors, hole punch, journalling pens, sketching pencil, Kaisercraft 3x4 Journal Cards from Take Off, Getaway and Basecoat (split between the 3 of us), ruler.
Mia was super keen on the K&Co smash books, so we got her the Orange "simple" folio. In addition she has the Kaisercraft Journalling cards, some Amy Tangerine pockets and embellishments, a K&Co Travel Smash Pad, 3 different washi tapes, K&Co Smash tabs, Kaisercraft Paridiso embellishments and various stickers and other bits that she can use.
Connor wanted something much smaller, so I have used the offcuts from my journal, along with a lot of sketching paper, envelopes and bits and pieces to make a 4x3" ring bound journal for him. In addition he has the Journalling cards, some sticky tabs, some washi tape and a sketching pencil. It all fits into a small ziplock bag.
















1 comment:
Love, Love, Love
Post a Comment